About the Missions
- What are EU Missions?
- What part can I play in this?
- What is going to happen with my input?
- Who is organising this?
- How are the participants for the online workshops selected?
- Where are the workshops taking place?
- Can I apply to participate in the online workshops?
- What will happen in these workshops?
What are EU Missions?
Partly inspired by the Apollo 11 mission, in the 1960’s, to put a man on the moon, EU missions are a commitment to solve major societal challenges like:
- Fighting cancer;
- Adapting to climate change;
- Living in greener cities;
- Ensuring soil health for healthy food, people, nature and climate;
- Protecting our oceans.
Each EU mission will have a specific timeframe and budget depending on how difficult their challenge is. They will go beyond research and innovation, and will spark innovation across sectors to deliver effective solutions. Moreover, missions will play a crucial role in achieving EU priorities such as the European Green Deal and Europe’s Beating Cancer Action Plan.
EU missions are about delivering European Public Goods. These missions will focus on impacting people’s lives.